The quality of life in Midtown is one of our most valued assets. It includes the walkability of our streets, access to great parks and cultural institutions, vibrant shopping and dining, good educational institutions and a host of world-class festivals. Midtown is one of Atlanta’s oldest neighborhoods, but it is also one of its most vital, energetic and ever evolving communities. Working with residents we strive to continuously improve and expand that quality of life through the efforts of our committees and the quality of our programming.
We understand that the enjoyment of your daily life in Midtown is affected by numerous factors like traffic flow, electrical outages, road repairs, festival impact, and noise issues. Through our close working relationship with the Atlanta City Council and our own dedicated committees, we keep you informed and we represent your needs to find solutions that support local culture and density growth but while maintaining an excellent quality of life for Midtown residents.
Among our many services to the community, over the years, MNA has:
- Paid for and had installed additional street lights where needed
- Added trash cans to sidewalks
- Improved sidewalks
- Cleaned overgrown alleys
- Planted and landscaped common spaces
- Reviewed and recommended planning strategies for over 200+ annual festivals through the MNA LPC Committee
- Created a Midtown Garden District Master Plan to address acceptable quality of life parameters for development
- Served on the City of Atlanta’s Neighborhood Quality of Life Working Group on Outdoor Events established by resolution 15-R-3345
We look forward to continuing to improve the quality of life in Midtown and ask you to join our ranks and get involved.